Conference fee inclusive of
- Daily buffet lunch (Only for the Physical In-person Conference, May 2023)
- Morning break refreshments (Only for the Physical In-person Conference, May 2023)
- Afternoon break refreshments (Only for the Physical In-person Conference, May 2023)
- Buffet dinner and cultural performance (Only for the Physical In-person Conference, May 2023)
The conference hotel, and most hotels in Manila where participants may choose to stay, will include a breakfast buffet with the room rate (Only for the Physical In-person Conference, May 2023). The 19th May optional anthropological program is priced separately.
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in this activity, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the event holders, sponsors, and organizers of the activity in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity. In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this activity, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this activity, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Conference On Asian Linguistic Anthropology, (CALA) and/or their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents, and the activity holders, sponsors, and volunteers;
(B) INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
I acknowledge that CALA and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives, and agents are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific activity on their behalf.
I acknowledge that this activity may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, monitors, and/or producers of the activity. These risks are not only inherent to participants, but are also present for volunteers.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity. I understand while participating in this activity, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the activity holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns.
The Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
By proceeding, registrants accept the Terms and Conditions of the CALA Conference, and agree with the CALA Conference immediate performance of services.
1) All registrations to the (SCOPUS/ISI) SOAS GLOCAL CALA 2022/2023 are refundable in full up to four months from the date of payment, and will be refunded directly to the payer’s payment source. After this four-month period, there will be a $20 USD fee, and the refund will be sent to the payer’s PayPal account, as the SOAS GLOCAL CALA cannot refund directly to a credit card after this four month period. At this time, PayPal will take a small transaction fee.
2) All attendants and registrants, and predominantly students and affiliates who receive lowered registration, must be prepared to present identification upon arrival at the conference, and hence upon receiving conference badges.
3) All registration fees must be forwarded to the CALA by the date December 18, 2022 / March 23, 2023 in order for a place in the conference proceedings, and hence for a place in the CALA to be guaranteed. The CALA has received an overwhelming response globally, and we are attempting to accommodate to everyone, but space is limited.
Click here to see our extended set of Terms and Conditions.
1. Students – Individuals currently paying fees to obtain educational awards, and hence liable to receive discounted entrance.
2. Affiliates – Any individual or member of an Institutional partner of the CALA, as presented on the page https://glocal.soas.ac.uk/associated-bodies. For information concerning partnership, please contact the SOAS GLOCAL CALA at email@example.com/contact
To be updated soon