The MEALA – The Middle Eastern Association of Linguistic Anthropology warmly welcomes academic and professional institutions and associations with programs related to cultural and other anthropologies, to cultural studies, linguistics, humanities, and social sciences, in general, and Middle Eastern Linguistic Anthropology, in particular, to become formal Affiliates of The MEALA.
MEALA Affiliates will receive the following benefits:
- 20% discount on conference registration
10% discount on The MEALA products, proceeds from which will be used to support future programs, including assistance to endangered communities
Recognition at each MEALA conference, including on signage, in the official program and in the conference proceedings
Access to a conference information table to display program materials, including video presentations; and
Space on The MEALA website to disseminate program information.
- In return, we ask that MEALA Affiliates:
- Encourage their staff, faculty, members, and colleagues to submit abstracts over The MEALA website, and in particularly the upcoming conference: www.meala.me.
- Encourage their staff, faculty, members, and colleagues to register and attend The MEALA conferences.
The MEALA will provide Affiliates with templates, which they may use at their discretion, to promote the program.
Becoming an Affiliate
- Institutions and Associations may become Affiliates by simple written agreement, by email or other means.
- Affiliation may occur in response to an invitation from The MEALA or as a result of a self-nomination.
Institutions and Associations that wish to end their affiliation may do so through written notice to The MEALA via the contact form on the website.